More than 50% people unaware about GST: Survey

More than 50% people unaware about GST: Survey

06/07/2017 13:59

A survey by a mobile news application company has claimed that more than half of people in the country are unaware of the Goods and Services Tax.

As per reports, the survey of over 3.6 lakh people across the country found that two Telugu speaking states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have the highest awareness on the GST with over 64 per cent of population knowing about it.

According to the survey, people in Tamil Nadu had the lowest awareness level.

Commenting on the issue, Way2Online said, “Following an extensive research, the report concludes that less than half the population of India; 45 per cent to be precise, is aware of the new tax system. The remaining 55 per cent is unaware of what GST is.”

As per reports, Way2Online, a local language short news application, conducted this survey between June 26-30 with over 3,60,000 participants across the country.

The new tax regime, which became effective from July 1, aims to put an end to number of indirect taxes levied on goods and services and stop duplication of taxes over a product.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s